Behringer DEQ2496: Connection Options

I am eagerly awaiting delivery of a DEQ2496. Not being a sound engineer, I have some trepidation about the learning curve. For starters, though, I want to make sure I have the optimal connection configuration. The options seem to be (1) connect to pre-amp in an aux loop (e.g., as a tape deck) or (2) connect between pre- and amp. From what i can tell, the better restults are obtained with the latter configuration -- i.e., place the DEQ between the pre- and the amp with balanced connections going in the same direction as the existing connections. Is that right?

Also, will "standard" XLR ICs work with the DEQ or must I get special ICs/adaptors.

Thanks for any help.
jeffreybowman2k

Showing 1 response by rodman99999

Mr. J- If you are intent on placing the Behringer in your signal path: At least buy some Mogami 'Gold Neglex' cabling(if not something better/audio specific). You mentioned "standard XLRs", so- I'm assuming you plan to run balanced. (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=mogami&st=) These cables' four conductors and tightly wound shields are of oxygen free copper, it's insulation is XLPE(cross-linked polyethylene), and the Neutrix XLRs have gold plated pins. They also make an AES/EBU cable should you decide to run your digital signal through it. Great cables in the studio or live venue and: Lifetime warranty.