BEHOLD - digital gear from Germany

So has anyone had the opportunity to listen to the digital preamp and amp. combination from Behold? They've been getting a lot of traction at Stereotimes and a few honorable mentions on Soundstage!
If you've heard it: how does it compare to the other digital offerings available, or for that matter, how does compare to all the long-standing analog products on the market??
bigjob
Hey B-job, why are you trying to stir up interest for this product? Are you a dealer?
At 100k, its not surprising that no-one has a real world opinion. I'm told the pre sounds great with those WAVAC 350K monoblocks, driving the top of line VSA speakers. What's 1/2 million USD, when you can have "incredible density/solidity of the instrumental images" ;~)
This seems to be the right time to chime in. My company, Laufer Teknik, recently became the US Distributor for Behold (their first distributor in the United States)(my personal feedback is available under my personal moniker which is “slaufer.”) We anticipate establishing a dealer network in the United States and Canada in 2007 (we have no dealers at present and, to my knowledge, I know no one in this thread). In the meantime, we have established a dedicated listening environment in Brooklyn, New York where you can audition, by appointment, the full line of Behold equipment including our new room correction system and digital crossover which are available as a module which may be included as one of fourteen optional modules in our preamplifier (called the “APU” or “Audio Processing Unit”)(see www.behold-usa.com). The Behold gear is being shown with the complete range of Ascendo loudspeakers including the System M, which was recently reviewed by Jonathan Valin in the Absolute Sound. Laufer Teknik became the new US Distributor for Ascendo a few weeks ago (we will be issuing a press release shortly). The Behold products are expensive; however, the design, technology, and build quality are, in our opinion, without peer. We welcome your taking the time to listen to these superlative products. Our showroom is located in a lovely brownstone from the mid 1800s in the heart of Brooklyn Heights, just a quick drive or a single subway stop outside of Manhattan.

Happy listening,

Sam Laufer
Wow...

How convenient. The mfg just *happens to show up after an overly rude member berates and belittles other members...even before a single member answered.

as far as I am concerned...coming to Audiogon to ask about the sound of a particular piece of gear sounds is fine.

however...

asking about ANY piece of gear with high five figure price tags is absolutely ludicrous.

If you can afford gear like that...then you should easily be able to afford yourself the luxury of getting off your ass and going to listen for yourself...even if that involves flying to Germany if necessary.
Sam,
I read your post. Did bobbyp help you with the promotional work?

Just curious.