Battery powered glory or hype

Would like to hear details from those Audiogoners who have ventured into and out of battery powered equipment. Would like to know what battery powered sources add, substract. Also battery powered amplification. Its plus and minus. What to expect.

PS: I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Final Music 5 and 6. Both preferably DC battery powered and optionally powered to mains with a tube regulated power supply. 10 watts and a whole load of D batteries.

PAUL
bemopti123

Showing 1 response by bemopti123

Thank God that I do not have interest in vinyl nearly as much as to spend that sum of money on the Sutherland. At most, I think that the product might be overrated. The gear that I am getting has been reviewed sparingly and I did not notice the complaints that most people who have had previous experiences with batteries ever had, that battery based amplification steals the dynamics of the source and music. The Final Music 5 and 6 are battery based, the preamp, Music 5 will solely be battery based and within a couple months, I will fiddle with the idea of using a tube regulated PS for the amplifier. I will compare both of them to see what gains and what gives.