BAT VK500

HELLO,I HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO BUY A BAT VK500 AMP FROM A LOCAL FRIEND. I HAVE HEARD HIS SYSTEM AND DECIDED TO GIVE IT A LISTEN OVER MY HOUSE.I AM GOING TO HOOK IT UP ON THANKSGIVING BUT HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS.THE OWNERS MANUAL DOES NOT LIST ANY SPECS.WHICH I THOUGHT WAS KIND OF ODD. HE SAYS IT IS 250/WATTS/CH. IS THIS CLASS A OR A/B???ALSO WHAT IS THE INPUT IMPEDANCE.I AM A LITTLE LEARY BUYING A PRODUCT FROM SUCH A NEW COMPANY.I AM CURRENTLY USING A FORTE4 AMP.ALL OPINIONS AND COMMENTS APPRECIATED. THANKYOU
captain

Showing 1 response by jazzhelp

I use an all bat system on first floor system. 500/wbatpak, 5i and vkd5s. I agree the power cords need upgrading, I use nbs monitor 1's. Expensive but improvements can be heard. I suggest borrowing some and sitching back to stock to see if you hear a difference. I never had a problem. The sound is neutral and detailed. I can't find any flaws. I wish I had a pass 350 for abing. It still isn't tubes but has a natural sound comapred to other solid state gear I have heard. For the price you can't go wrong I don't believe.