Bass at your ears? (Bass imaging)

This song 'James Blake - Limit to your love' has this weird bass that kicks in at about 1:00 into it. Now I have heard this song on a few speakers and it sounded great but when I heard it on the magico m2 I could literally hear the bass right at my ears as if I was wearing heapdhones. It was such a strange sensation. Is this indicative of the m2s incredible imaging capability or is this something else? This was in an irregularly shaped room with a big hallway to one side and hardly any treatment.
smodtactical

Showing 2 responses by larry5729

I like the way REL designed their high level connection.  They really act as an additional woofer and they are not detectable if you set them up right.  It is also important to play two instead of one for room balance and for staging.  All you want to do is to be able all that is there in a recording.  Nothing worse than boom boxes.  Like the guy I purchased my ARCAM from, he refers to them as trunk slammers.  
Meant to ask.  What do you mean by bass at your ears?  I thought you want to create distance and sound stage in order to visualize the artist playing between the speakers.  If you want bass at your ears buy a good pair of headphones and then good luck with hearing staging.