Basic cable question

Hi everyone---I'm new here and a fairly 'new' audiophile. I'm currently updating my system and just need some basic advice. I've heard two different opinions on interconnects and speaker cables. I have Transparent speaker cables and standard stock interconnects which I'm updating next. The Transparent salesman told me that I need to keep my interconnects with Transparent as well---is this true? I guess my real question is: do speaker cables and interconnects need to be the same brand? Thanks so much in advance! 
bluorion

Showing 1 response by adg101

If your system is all the same manufacture then I could see maybe use one cable manufacture, but I suspect most people have a mix of component manufactures and speakers. I use two different brands for the most part and am very happy with the mix.

I use WyWires IC and PC on my analog side along with speakers and use Nordost on my digital components... just pulled out a Clear Day balanced from preamp to amp with a Nordost I just picked up. I have several Clear Day Cables IC and SC and Kimber Kables PC which I’ve slowly pulled out of my system which I’ll keep for a second system... maybe.

As mentioned by others, cables are subject to personal taste. There’s no right or wrong; just what sounds right to you. I will add it might be easier to start with one brand but it’s just a start.