B&W Rip-Off

Here is a good one, What a cheep ripoff of some B&W speakers.

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/auc.pl?spkrmoni&1133404814&1132839359
krellm7
According to the web site, the pre-order price is $499, $49 of which is to be donated to a local food bank. And the Audiogon auction says not to bid on them: "DO NOT BID: CLICK ON THE INFORMATION LINK TO PRE-ORDER AT THE SUPER LOW SALE PRICE FOR LATE JANUARY DELIVERY."

Since none of us seem to know what they sound like, I don't think that they should immediately be dismissed, no matter what company they copied the design from. Just my opinion, of course.

Holly
Judy426,
Well, since they sell mega bucks in loudspeakers, the list of people envious of their designs from a purely 'sales' standpoint is undoubtedly huge. So....hmmm, virtually everyone wanting to make a loudspeaker profit might want to 'rip off' their result, if not design.
Many smaller companies would like to have in sales, what they pay out in engineering dollars!
I don't like B&W OR Bose, for that matter,but would love to have either of their profits, or gross sales dollars.
Was this a real question? Is anyone really this naive? Larry
>>Well, since they sell mega bucks in loudspeakers<<
Chevrolet sells mega bucks in cars too. What's your point? Big sales make great products or great designs? See my Chevrolet analogy above. Thank you.