B W Nautilus 802 set-up

I'd like to hear from some N802 owners regarding room set-up, like how far out from the back wall as measured from the front baffle have you positioned them? How much toe in do you find best, crossing point in front of the main point or behind, or aimed direct? Have you tried the supplied spikes and if so what are your results.
rhljazz

Showing 1 response by guinness

Dan,
I've owned my 802's for 3 years, and love 'em. Mine are on thick padded berber carpet and the spikes really helped clean up the bass. I wouldn't be without them. They are in a 15x16 room. 70" from the back wall and 3' from the side walls. They are aimed direct, for the most part. Possibly, very slightly behind my ears. I've found that having them closer to the back wall mainly compresses the depth of the soundstage, but also effects the clarity of the sound. I've played with their setup alot. My dealer has his about 2-3' from the back wall and barely toed in, in a ~15x30 rectangular room. He has a nasty midrange room resonance problem with this setup. Mine are biwired with a single run Audioquest Midnight. I've also raised the cable off the carpet with some stoneware cups.