B&W HTM - 1 OR a pair of 805N's?

The price is the same, using one of these options as a center channel. Everything points to the pair of 805's, any reason I should not?

Anyone experiment with 805's or any other brand and use 2 center channels?

Dan
Ag insider logo xs@2xporschecab

Showing 4 responses by porschecab

Thanks for the quick responses. I am not sure of the shielding issues, but it would not be an issue for my set up. I am using a screen so no issues there.

Dan
Blackie,

No reason other than looking for the best possible center channel. A pair of 805's are the same price as the HTM-1 and thought, hmmmmmmmmmmm, what if.......

Just thinking out of the box as they say.

I like the HTM-1, I have one now, but curious of the 805 route. Some people use one above and one below a screen. I now use a screen and wondered if there is a great deal of improved sound.

Dan
I am using the 801II Matrix. I used to have the 802N's, but prefer the 801II sound. I kept the HTM-1 but just looking for more. It points to the HTM-1 more and more.
I get the HTM-1 to bottom out with some films, granted, I run it large with 450x2 of 70AMP current pushing it, not many center channels can deal with this can they?
Keriadams!

This is a great idea! I am going to try this out! Thanks for the lovely idea. I believe my processor will allow such crossover, if not, I will definitely check out the ICBM!

Thanks!

Dan