B W CDM 9 NT or NAUTILUS 804's

I Have a B&K AVR-202 (105 watts per) receiver, and I want to know if it would be worth the difference in $ to go to the 804's with this receiver.
Please help if you can,
rocker

Showing 1 response by moto_man

As Eyeman said, I seriously auditioned the CDM9 NT's vs. the 804's and 805's. I was primed to like the NT's as being "just like" the 804's with a slighty different cabinet. Believe me, they are not close to the 804's, no matter what a salesman tries to implant in your head. The 804's were a clearly superior speaker in every way. In fact, I thought that the CDM9 NT sounded almost distorted, when compared to the 804's. When you consider how long many people keep their speakers, spend the extra money. I also disagree with setting the bass management to small. I use 805's in front, a REL Strata III, and CDM1 SE's for the rear, and an HTM-2. Using the large setting greatly improved the HT sound. That all being said, much as I like the 804's, I liked the Joseph Audio rm 25si over the 804's. They rule! (I now use them in my music system with Plinius 16/SA100 III combo).