B&W 805 with MK-350thx sub, or B&W 802

I've been using Speakerlab Super 7's for 13 years now, since I've lived in USA. This is what I have: Pioneer Elite 49thx-i, Pioneer Elite Uviversal Player 47Ai. Both are connected by I-link, Musical Fidelity A3.2cr amp feed by Pioneer, Kimber speaker cable, Audioquest inter. I don't know if any of you familiar with the speakers I have, they are 12", 10", mid horn, and tweeter horn, very easy to drive. I think all Alnico magnets. I've auditioned many speakers in $2,000-$4,000 range. And every time I get home I realized my speakers sound better, especially on low volume. I don't even feel the need for a sub. I've been told that I need to look at much higher price range. Now I have a question for you: B&W 805 with MK-350THX, or B&W 802's. I listen mostly classic jazz, classical, modern jazz.
thank you
128x128badam

Showing 1 response by bwfreak

I have both...in two different systems.

The N802s are in an integrated HT/music system with a monstrous SVS twin 12" Ultra sub. It is mainly for impact in movies but awesome High rez is a byproduct of this match.

The N805s are in an all tube system in the bedroom, all Cary Audio. I have a small SVS for that system, but like you...it is a relatively low level, jazz type of an environment...often, the sub is unnecessary....but does come in handy when we turn it up:)

The 802s are my favorite in the B&W line-up...I've owned many from the 600 series on up. I've taken advantage of trade up programs and ended up with my current systems. The 805s are excellent speakers too...but between the two, I would be very happy with the 802s alone, sans sub.

Jeremy