AZ Silver Ref II vs AZ SIlver Ref I?

Has anyone compared these two cables? Stereophile just did a review of the AZ SIlver Ref II IC. I have had the AZ Silver Ref I, and did not like it (after a lot of listening). Anyway, I just met a guy who claims that he likes the Silver Ref II better than any IC currently made (including the Nordost Valhalla IC). I wish the Stereophile review HAD made some direct comparisons to the Valhalla (which is the reviewers reference cables). Of coarse Stereophile did not make that comparison.

KF
128x128tok20000

Showing 2 responses by tok20000

Joe at JC Audio is the guy who told me he liked these ICs better than any other IC currently made (LOL). I am looking for other opinions.

KF
I have also had the Satori, and I did not think it was in the same league as the Nordost SPM speaker cable. The Satori was better than anything I had before, but the SPM seemed to be a huge improvement over it. One note is that the Satori run was 6' and the SPM run was 1.5 meters. It was as if a veil had been lifted off of the music when I switched to the SPM (and the SPM was not even broken in).

Recently, I was able to hear the Nordost Valhalla in my system... All I can say it was extremely painful taking the Valhalla out of my system after listening to it. Yeah, it costs an arm and a leg, and a good percentage of an economy car... BUT the Valhalla is hands down the finest speaker cable I have ever heard. Maybe next near, I save for Valhalla.

KF