Ayon CD Players: CD-1 and CD-3

Has anyone heard anything about Ayon's CD players?
CD-1 and CD-3 www.ayonaudio.com
I went on their web and looked at the specs. It looks like
Ayon makes all tube gear.
Thanks.Sally
sallycaine

Showing 3 responses by audio852

Here is a copy of what audiogon member -mrtennis- posted back on 4-10-06 about CD Players!

i like a dull, veiled, laid,back, boring sound capable of putting me to sleep. i hate treble and i don't like detail. i like subtractive coloration to such an extent that all recordings sound the same. you can talk about detail, neutrality all day long.
if you don't tap your foot, it doesn't matter.

i want to relax, not bothered by detail or dynamics. veil the sound and cut off the highs. darkness and dullsville is my motto, by choice. thick caramel syrup makes me happy.
Mrtennis (Threads | Answers)

04-10-06

--------------------------------------
03-20-2008 - Wow... Tone Deaf Perhaps.

Here is a link to the CD-1 Review -
http://dagogo.com/AyonCD-1Spirit.html

No wonder he cannot appreciate the beautiful music the Ayon CD Player extracts from a CD. I own the CD-1 and I have owned the Oracle, Bluenote Stibbert, Lector 7, Cary and the Ayon CD-1 is indeed by far more dynamic, visceral, fluid and sweet. Yes, it does sound better than the models I listed above. This is the best CD Player I have ever heard and owned and recommend this product if you are searching for the best soundstage.

MLK
Hi sboez23,

The Ayon Audio CD-1 and the Ayon CD-3 were in manufacture for sometime before Raysonic presented their, Copy.... of the Ayon's. Many manufacturers will use Sony, Phillips or other transports, since just a handful of electronics firms make them. Actually the cases look similarm but they are really quite different and without a doubt, other than the transports used, the circuit design, internal boards, tubes, components which most are from Germany, parts used in the Ayons; the two brands are in no way the same, but dramatically different. How do I know this, I previously owned a Raysonic and when I purchased the Ayon, I opened them up and compared them. Different as night and day. By the way, the factory and the distributor also confirmed this for me. Hope that helps.
MLK
This China connection, what nonsense. I read on a UK hifi blog, that the UK Ayon distributor declined a request to freebie the unit to the reviewer. Hence the reviewer prints incorrect data? Is it an error or other? Now they will be posting a correction, and an apology.
MLK