Awaiting a 1st impression

Looking forward to a user review on this new hybrid.

It's got all of the proven PL features, but the $7300 MSRP definitely caught me by surprise. Having nothing but positive experience with PL products, I imagine this will hold it's own with the $10K+ popular brands?

Is this the boutique brand killer?

tablejockey

"Congrats on your PL"

kennyc- who purchased a PL EVO 300 hybrid? Wish it were me. I have a 6 year old PL HP.

harrylavo- your insight is spot on.

@harrylavo 

I guess I am a youngster… 69 for a few more months. But I completely agree. I still read The Absolute Sound, Stereophile and HiFi+. I have tried a few boutique pieces along the way… but found while they may have some appealing characteristics overall well established high end companies fill in all positive aspects and, they are still there when you turn around.

Without multiple professional reviews with reviewers that have deep experience across the high end spectrum it is too easy to get glowing shallow reviews which do not really reflect a wholistic assessment of the product.

I am fortunate to own some very good equipment from established long term providers. The equipment continually reveals strengths I was not even aware of when I bought the stuff. They are like fine instruments allowing you to listen more deeply and experience more emotionally the music than I would have thought possible. And good high end gear remains relevant and rewarding for exceedingly long periods of time like 10 - 20 years. So that “ridiculous” amount of money you spent becomes really well spent and a good bargain when amortized.

high end = esoteric = intended for the discerning FEW

I know Jim at Aesthetix and have run his superb Pandora DAC for a decade…excellent service, support, build quality and sonics. I have heard 3 Mimas now, all running Vandy Treo or Quattro….a superb high end value….

:-) enjoy the music

ghdprentice -  You  may be the youngest, but you still qualify for my hi-fi club ... "Geezers High for Fi".
Post removed