AV Receiver Underpowered?

I am questioning my AV Receiver as being underpowered.

I have the following Boston Acoustics speakers
PV-1000
VR-MC
VR-MX (2)
VR-MEX
VR-M60 (2)
VR-M50 (2) - Currently setup for zone 2

I have a Denon AV 1908. I used to have a cheap Onkyo that I liked better, but switched to the Denon to get the HDMI inputs awhile ago. I haven't really been happy with the Denon and assume it is underpowered.

I did see there was some complicated math but really just need a stupid simple method for figuring out the right AV Receiver.

Is my Denon Av 1908 underpowered? If so what is the proper Marantz/Denon model to run these?
butrflynlambie

Showing 3 responses by zd542

In a situation like yours, the easiest way is to listen. Its not hard to hear if an amp is straining. Reading through your post, it most likely is. Since you already have the Denon, maybe keep it and use it as a preamp. It should have preouts for all of the channels. Instead just get a good multichannel amp like Emotiva, or something similar. You'll get a lot more for your money that way and have a better upgrade path if you ever choose to do so.
Look at the rear of your AV1908. Look for the word caution inside a box. Above the work Caution there are 2 triangles. Once you locate that box with the 2 triangles, look to the left. Those are your preouts.
My post from before was wrong. I did a search for some images of your amp so I could look at the connections on the back. I didn't realize it but the pic I found was of a different Denon.