Aurender N100h vs. SOtM sms-200 Ultra

In your opinions, which is a better sounding file player, the Aurender N100h or the SOtM sms-200 Ultra? I realize the Aurender is over twice as much, but the fancy Conductor app is not really a big deal to me. I'm just interested in the best USB output to my DAC from an attached SSD.

Thank you.
koestner

Showing 3 responses by koestner

Blindjim... you asked if my SSD was a network drive?

It is a 1TB SSD with WAV and FLAC files on it that plugs directly into my Auraliti PK90 file player by USB connection in the rear. It would be used in the same way on the Aurender, or SOtM.

Also my DAC is a Schiit Yggy which has all sorts of inputs, but I just upgraded the USB to Gen 5 input.

Thanks,

John
ferenc - Is there a consumer product that will read from an SS drive that will be controlable through an itype device and output to a DAC that uses this type of interface? Please provide more specific actual products as I don't know what you are talking about.
It seems the SOtM sms200 ultra and the Aurender N100h are essentially the same thing except the SOtM has no internal hard drive or power supply, but is less than half the cost of the Aurender. I already have a 1TB SSD and external power supply so I'm really leaning toward the SOtM box. The only thing holding me back is the suspicion that the SOtM will sound only as good as my Auraliti PK90 and not much better. That is why I'm seeking opinions, but the Auraliti has only a small following so not too many people have heard it.

Thank you all for your input and opinions. I was hoping this thread would help others as well, since I'm not really too close to purchasing either right now. Two things I would love to try in my system are the SOtM sms 200 Ultra and a PS Audio P10 Regenerator. Since there is no way to do either without making a purchase, I will just have to resign myself to keep reading about them.

John