Audioquest WEL innerconnects are the older models the same as current model?

Hi all, I’ve tried AQ and like it, tried over cables like many people and thinking going back to AQ. A friend of mine has offered me some of is AQ WEL that are around 9 years old, would they be the same as a current set of WEL signature? If they are I’d be interested in trying them.

Regards .
44maloo35
One thought -- given they've been in storage did you replace the batteries in the DBS packs? The thinness you describe sounds like the sound with the DBS disconnected or the 24-48 hours after you reconnect the DBS and the field has yet to fully establish. Even if the LEDs light the batteries if not fresh may not be performing. Could be worth a try if you have some new batteries lying around (which is unlikely as they're an obscure sort).
These thoughts are helpful, I think maybe try the DBS packs could be a good start. I’ve had SKY before and these sounded as described transparent and nice midbass , will look into that.

joe.
I watched the Video of the AQ headquarters and am wondering how the 9 or so tech’s made enough cables to fill to the brim a 32,000 sq foot warehouse. He did mention the cables that were manufactured “overseas”. 
Post removed 
WEL cables didn't improved my system.....on the contrary....didn't know what version.  Very well made audio jewelry.