Audioquest Dialectric-Bias System

Has anybody tried this? AQ has rigged some of the mid-line cables with batteries! Just wondering.
crazy4blues

Showing 3 responses by reb1208

Uh-oh- we have a problem here- on day number 9. Cables need no burn in???- not. Well the high's are still distortion free but-- they are MIA. The cable sounds absolutely muted to the point of a complete loss of soundstaging. They are out of the running at this point.
I have a 6ft pair of Mont Blanc home for audition. Have burned it in fully. What I can say is this cable has the lowest distortion I have ever heard in my system. It is a revelation- the sound is so detailed yet not bright. Seams to have almost no weakness. I'm very close to ordering up a pair. I tried the cables w/out the battery attached allowing for several days of discharge. Sounds quiet ordinary this way. I have a very high resolution system and when connected the battery back-- and carefully listened under controlled conditions. The effects are evident Immeditely- much fuller sounding and involving. After 2 days hooked back-up the cables took on a smoother sound. DBS is for real IMO. I have no desire to bust my hump any longer cable rolling- Mont Blanc is the real thing. Once you hear the distortion free highs- NOTHING else will do.
They never did open up on my system in the way that stranded designs have done for me. I passed them back to my friend that has quads. He also is not thrilled with their soundstage and hf presentation. Desribes them as recessed. Much of this is very dependent on your speaker and amplifier. I use ss and dynamic speakers, he is using tubes and quads. Yet we both have the same basic conclusion upon listening after a few hundred hours burn in. I will try some Tara labs to see if another solid core copper cable acts the same way in my system. Zargon- isn't the volcano a solid core silver cable?