Audion Silver Night PX-25 vs. Almarro 318B vs....

Fi 2a3 vs. Blue circle DAR. Matching them with either JM Reynaud Trentes or Twins - Source is up in the air ( any recomendations welcome (might give the cheap route a try with the Play Station 1) Looking for an amp that is warm fast tempo(PRATy), magical in the midrange, and definately has that "fleshy" lower midrange center. Could anyone compare between the four integratedes here? On my research any should be a "good" match with the Reynauds so more description or experience matching with reynauds would be helpful.
greg_p

Showing 1 response by greg_p

Darkmoebius

Thanks for the responce. For a reference on a sound I like my main rig is Audio Note (amp is OTO SE) I like EL 84's have not heard much of 2a3's and not the tubes that the Almarro have. I like the mix warmer than neautral but not quite as much as Cary. I tend to greatly dislike Cary because of its slow tempo and very rolled off highs. So if the tone is coming close to an OTO I would be happy.

I found the Audion by some old threads stating that back in 01' JMR teamed up with Audion and had the PX-25 running some Trentes and people said it was a great match. Another possibility is the Fi or the Manley Stingray - Great Amp but trying to shoot a bit above it in midrange "refinement".

Anyone have experience with Fi and JMR's? Maybe the Audion is the way to go, and the right cables may be need to balance things properly. I should contact JMR to see what they combined at the show back then.