Audio Research VT100 MKll Stays on

Was hoping somebody here might be able to help me I have a Audio Research VT100 MKll that stays on and wont turn off I have it plugged into one of the switched outlets on my power conditioner and I'm just turning it on and off that way but I've replaced the switch twice which both times worked for a while and then the same thing I removed the switch completely and plugged it in and sure enough it came on even without the switch I don't see anything obviously wrong with it so was hoping somebody with some technical experience might be able to tell me what to check
Thank You
terrybbagit

Showing 3 responses by czarivey

few solutions: upgrade switch to more reliable one or use switch in your power supply or disconnect from the wall.
If that's not switch than there must be capacitor-relay issue.
The capacitor-relay is usually implemented to prevent from shock. The switch connects to low-voltage circuit that engages the high voltage circuit.
Plugging and un-plugging your amp is much better solution than keeping it on all the time.
Bpoletti,
That's very similar to what rednecks would often say to foreigners making spelling, grammar or verbal mistakes especially when they have nothing else to say.

Similar money back story:

A pupil who once graduated pricey private high school in London decided to claim money back claiming he did not learn anything.
Priincipal decides to put series of exams to check if that's really the case.
Every school subject he would fail: science, reading, literature, history, but at the end, in the math exam the math teacher asked him how much school has to return his money back.
Pupil expressed the amount in terms of amount per month; number of semesters and number of months per semester.
Math teacher proudly put grade A to his knowledge of math and dismissed pupil's claim.