Audio Physic Virgo 3 vs. Usher's Compass 8571??

I have seen numerous ads for the Usher speaker line manufactured in Taiwan. Maybe I am overally suspicious, but who is Usher and are their speakers "hi-end" products??. Also, Usher's 8571 and Audio Physic's "new" Virgo 3 are almost the same retail price. Has anyone heard or auditioned these two speakers, or even owned them?? (I have heard and read that the Virgo 3 is bright and not the equal of Virgo 2 in smoothness---which is hard to believe) Nevertheless, I am curious how these two speakers, the Virgo 3 and Usher 8571 "stack up" against each other. Both have beautiful cabinet work. Unfortunately, the Usher models are not a household word like the legendary Virgos. All opinions welcomed!!
sunnyjim

Showing 1 response by wellfed

I have heard neither, but can tell you that Jim Ricketts of tmh audio, carries some pretty nice gear. Usher is one his lines.

tmh audio Website

I suspect that he finds them superior to Köchel loudspeakers, another line that he carries. I love my Köchel K300's, so Jim's endorsement, indicates to me at least, that the Usher's must be exceptional.