Atma-Sphere with Gilmore on HE 2004

Have anybody heard Atma Sphere Music Amplifier MA-2 Mk. II.3 with some Gilmore speakers on HE 2004 NY ?
I have heard, read a lot about those output transformless tube amps, I was expecting audio nirvana, my expectation was very high, but what I heard was week non-dynamic, non-involving sound. Yes there was a lot of details nice soundstage, but still sound was lifeless. Was it speakers, or this transformless amps sound this way ?

I was mighty impress with transformfull :) Manley or VTL or even more with VAC Phi. I even went back after few hours one more time to Atma+Gilmore room unfortunately the some bad impression. Was it bad combination?
Does Berning's sound the some way ?
sorlowski

Showing 1 response by wellfed

My experience with Atma-Sphere M-60 amps driving Köchel K300 loudspeakers has been outstanding.

My guess is that the Gilmore loudspeakers just weren't your cup of tea. There shouldn't have been any system matching issues as Mark Gilmore is an Atma-Sphere enthusiast.

Perhaps there was a problem with the setup in that particular room. I would contact Ralph at Atma-Sphere to see if there was anything problematic. Atma-Sphere amps do not lack dynamic ability.