Art Audio Carissa Signature 845 or 300 b amp?

I just tuned up my Jadis with the help of Trelja and Mechans. It sound great. In fact I prefer it over my 845 amp which I fell in love with.

A short time ago,I visited a friend to listen to his 300b system. It sounded extremely good.

My question is for anyone who has experience with the sound of the Art Audio or any other top shelf 845 amp and a good value, used 300b amp in the $4000 range?

My question is vague, but it will help mein making up my mind on what to do with my systems next.
128x128mattzack2

Showing 3 responses by jburidan

IMHO, the 300B tube is more subtle and refined than the 845 tube. Used Wavelength Cardinal monoblocks would be in your stated price range. The Cardinal is an exceptionally good amp in most everyone's estimation.
Agree with those who stated that 300B SET is for efficient speakers, not for the Dali. But I would not get a 300B push-pull amp. Use the Jadis, or acquire efficient speakers that will mate well with a 300B SET.
Capeman: Agreed the Jota has plenty of drive for the Dalis, but it would be rare to find a used Jota for $4,000. They go for $5,000 - $6,000 depending, e.g., on condition and whether stereo or monoblock.