Are the Denons the Best Universals to Mod?

Hello,
I have been reading alot about all these places that do mods to the Denon DVD-2900, DVD-3910, etc.
I was just wondering if the Denon universal disc players are the preferred players to mod compared to others such as Pioneer, Marantz, Onkyo, etc?
If so, what are the reasons these units are generally preferred over the others for modifications?
After the mods, is the Redbook CD performance as good as the high dollar dedicated CD players?
Is the SACD performance as good as the best dedicated SACD players?
Thanks in advance!
daltonlanny

Showing 1 response by steve_v100ad4

"Tvad, it's funny, these threads are really being followed by a lot of people and audio stores, around the country, and world." Come on , thanks for the effort but come down a bit please.It becomes an ego thing now.It reminds me of this guy who had tried many ICs and speaker cables and was barking all day long how the HMS cables killed the Nordost Valhalla.Well , some liked the HMS stuff and some still prefered the Nordost.
"My APL Denon kills the Meitner combo " comments don't bring a lot of objectivity to the table and are totally subjective.There is no best.All gear is system dependant , question of synergy and personal taste.One day the Exemplar is the best , then a few days later the APL and now what ? The " more musical" ModWright ? My head is spinning....