Are high sample rates making your music sound worse?

ishkabibil
@cleeds

So now you are saying even if the bits are the same it sounds different?

I have listened, didn’t hear a difference. Whose correct, me or you? Why? Because your ears are better or your system is better?
mzkmxcv, 
I've played the same vinyl transfer to CD for friends and they've remarked about the improvement to the overall sound between playing it at 44 kHz and then up sampling to higher frequencies. I can see that you're absolutely certain that your opinion is factual and that dissenting views are wrong but I would make the radical assumption that many would see you're factual observations of audio without listening as presumptuous and arrogant.
@goofyfoot 

Telling them anything about what the files are, and the fact that you know which file is being played invalidates any findings from a scientific point.  If another person did the same and the people said it was no different, what then?  

As I’ve asked, what benefits does 192kHz have over 44.1kHz? Do you believe we can hear higher than 22kHz or that those inaudible frequencies still influence our hearing?
mzkmxcv,
I didn't tell anybody about a file, I played the CD. I've never made claims about being a scientist. Maybe you could explain in aesthetic terms what I'm actually hearing. I have academic experience in the area of aesthetics, otherwise I'm somewhat disinterested.
@goofyfoot  

Just saying your findings differ from most human trials I’ve seen.