Are audiophile speakers turn on for single women?

I recently purchased a pair of speakers that I showed to a non-audiophile female friend of mine. She said they looked beautiful and asked how much they cost. When I told her, her jaw dropped. She then asked if I was using them to pick up hot chicks. Hmm...I told her the only people who get turned on by my audiophile speakers are balding middle-aged men. She had a laugh, but I wondered if anyone tried to impress a girl with his stereo system. High end is a male dominated hobby like sports cars. So have you found a woman who was turned on by your system. I have had no such look. I just get blank stares when I talk about my hobby to women.
dracule1
Kijanki, because the mysterious woman from the Ukraine who appreciates sound quality and loves music, statistically is probably not in the cards for me and the sometimes annoying fact that I am attracted to women eliminates a male as a partner; Lougiants suggestion of using live music events as a filter to meet someone is a good one and probably where I should focus my efforts.
Of course if nothing works out, being single sure beats what I have dealt with the last couple of years, and hey I can always look forward to the fact that in thirty years or so this attraction to women will not be as strong as it is now.
Jazzybs,

Yes, attraction to women is a drawback and even can be financial disaster for many, home (lost) being the most expensive part of the audio system. Meeting women at the concert is good for common interest in particular music genre and might get closer to appreciation of good sound.
"I just get blank stares when I talk about my hobby to women."

Include men in that too! Blank stares all around!

However, there are exceptions. I met my girlfriend by helping her buy a system. The most interesting thing is that she used to listen to music while doing other things, but now, if the stereo is on, she doesn't want to do anything, BUT listen. She said that she never knew that music could sound this way.

She's somewhat odd though. I have a pair of home brew speakers using Newform tweeters (45 inch) and she loves the way they look. The Newforms are not pretty to most people.
Heck, even I don't think they are attractive, but they do sound good!

As for other people... Everyone who listens to my system is amazed at the clarity, but the conversation never goes beyond that.

As a whole, women are less interested than men. I think that when women look at a large speaker they see a good place for another chair.

BTW, I used to work for a drycleaners and one day this guy came in and talked for an hour about clothes. I was never so bored in my life and it dawned on me how people felt when I spoke about audio. I've kept my mouth shut since then.
When I was 18, a number of girls loved my Polk Audio RT2000p Towers. Suffice to say, those speakers played a roll in some great memories back then... ;) :)

Nowadays the results aren't quite the same. Perhaps it's due to my not being young and hairless anymore... Whatever the reason, having quality stuff can add 'bonus' points to the female equation, as it tends to expose your passion for well crafted goods and the arts (music).
well after the numerous girls i have taken back to my home to have a little one on one time none of them has mentioned a word about my stereo! i guess its because my bedroom has no stereo