Are audiophile speakers turn on for single women?

I recently purchased a pair of speakers that I showed to a non-audiophile female friend of mine. She said they looked beautiful and asked how much they cost. When I told her, her jaw dropped. She then asked if I was using them to pick up hot chicks. Hmm...I told her the only people who get turned on by my audiophile speakers are balding middle-aged men. She had a laugh, but I wondered if anyone tried to impress a girl with his stereo system. High end is a male dominated hobby like sports cars. So have you found a woman who was turned on by your system. I have had no such look. I just get blank stares when I talk about my hobby to women.
dracule1

Showing 1 response by audioguy3107

For me, not by the equipment per se, but my condensed story is the first time she came over to my house, we watched a movie/hung out/etc. Then I played some stuff for her and she was impressed by the sound (Classe/B&W setup at the time). Then I proceeded to sing (attempt to sing) Visions of Johanna off Blonde on Blonde to her. We've now been married for 5 yrs and just had a little baby girl, so hey it can work!!!!!!