Anyone using the Transistor Research LabsM 225's

On the grapevine I have heard that these amps are good enough to be the end of the line. Given their reasonable cost - that would be great news. Any comments?
128x128gammajo

Showing 4 responses by bobheinatz

Bill,

Great looking system & room.

Tvad - the Samson is the same as the M225 and they run cool.
Yes I own these amps. Tvad is correct, my search is over and now I just enjoy music. No more concerns about what the next great amp might be. I am listening right now to Tchaikovsky's "Nutcracker" and enjoying every minute.

Given TRL a call and tell them what you are looking for.

Tvad instead of being cynical of every TRL thread my recommendation is to first hand try the M-225's in your own system and them post a review here on Audiogon.
Tvad,

Your answer is fair. There is no doubt that the most important aspect with any amp is how it interfaces with your speaker. If you call TRL and are able to arrange a trail with return privileges I will accept your findings.

If I am not mistaken you own a Pass amp which are excellent. As we know everyone has their own musical tastes and requirements. Let us know if you get the opportunity to try TRL.
Bill you haven't heard anything until they are fully broken in. My M-225's (Samson) have about 350 hours and they are still iimproving. They need at least 500 hours and Brian says even after 6 months they will still improve.
Enjoy, they will just get better. Keep us posted on the breaking process.