Anyone Tried Integrating Dirac Room Correction?

I have a high-end Dell Windows10 Pro laptop with several really good (quiet) USB ports, one connecting to my PS Audio DirectStream DAC, another connecting to my Mytek Brooklyn DAC, with Roon and Tidal for streaming/playback.  The sound quality is very very good, but I thought I'd see if I could improve it.

I'm interested in exploring the Dirac Live Room Correction Suite, and own a miniDSP calibration microphone.  Has anyone tried integrating Dirac with a music player?  Thoughts?
ejr1953

Showing 3 responses by ejr1953

Jaybe,
I do have a miniDSP calibration microphone.  Can I ask what DSP you've used?  Do you still use it?
My "man cave" sounded great until I added a pair of subwoofers.  I purchased REW (Room EQ Wizard) and that microphone, and got 10 bass traps positioned as well as I could.  I could probably use two or three more bass traps in that room, but 10 was pushing the "WAF" meter as far as it would go.  I'd say I've got the problems with bass about 95% solved (before installing the bass traps the room resonated one particular note, no matter what the bass player was playing, that's pretty much solved), but sometimes when I'm playing music with lots of low frequency dynamics, it sounds like the room can't handle that much low-frequency energy.
The more people I ask about electronic room correction, the more people I find who say "stay away" from it.
David,
One of my audio buddies is recommending that I buy a McIntosh MEN220, install it between my preamp and poweramp.  I guess the advantage of that setup would be to apply room correction regardless of the input source.  I have a PS Audio DirectStream DAC and transport; the install of Dirac on the laptop wouldn't correct the response from the PS Audio source components.
Dirac does offer a free trial and if I don't like it, I can always uninstall the product .
I'll see if I have some time after the holidays to play with this.  From the various inputs I've gotten from a number of people, the "jury is out" on whether electronic room correction is good for my situation or not.