Anyone have issues with Revel Performa speakers

I recently purchased Revel PERFORMA F206 towers using an Anthem receiver and Rotel 1582 200wpc amp and after 2 weeks tweeter blew while1 not playing very loud. I went from Paradigm Monitor 11s and played them way louder without any issues. Going to a Mark Levinson 532h amp and hopefully can play loud without any clipping and the Revels hold up. Is this a known issue with Revels not taking playing loudly or possibly Rotel clipped and caused this ?? Or perhaps just a bad tweeter driver from the start ?
lnitm

Showing 1 response by sti555

Hey guys, long time lurker, first post (not a revel shill, promise).  Longtime F208 owner here, and now also powered by levinson.  I play pretty damn loud and have had no issues whatsoever.  My old integrated didn't like pushing these speakers at high levels, would clip and I'd have back off.  Levinson is a great match, what revel recommends (obviously).  However, they paired well with a quite a few amps I listened to with them, just preferred the levinson.  These speakers are power hungry.  I read a speaker review and during testing, noted their impedence can dip pretty low (~2-3 ohms) when played really loud.  I upgraded my amp and pre not long after purchasing these, and I'm glad I did because the speakers came alive.  Someone commented on Ag in another thread that they talked to revel cust svc, and they recommmended up to 500wpc.  Hope they work out for you.  Don't let a bad tweeter (or clipping amp) ruin your decision to purchase.