Antipodes K50

The K50 is in house and the CM2 are supporting it being on day 5 😅. For those who are informed on the CM2 footers you understand about day 5.

A huge upgrade in SQ that is mind bending.

128x128glory

I bought a K-50, But I have not set-up the unit.  I discovered that one needs to use an I Pad or I Phone to set-up the software.  Also, no written manual is provided for the purchaser.  If you are not computer literate, you may be in need of much outside assistance !

Awesome!   I have the Oladra coming in August to hopefully get to the next level.  I am in production run two.  Will be pairing it with the MPD-8 from Playback in my main system. 

jazzbird,

You may also use a laptop/notebook or desktop computer to access the web page(s) for configuring your K50.   I am far from being a computer application whiz, but have found the web based controls pretty easy to deal with.   The K50 has several  options for what server application you wish to use as well as separate player options.   I received my K50 back in early May of last year.  It did come with a printed manual then, but Antipodes subsequently  has updated its software and has gone to supplying the operating information on their website.   This has become much more common with audio manufacturers to keep current with changes they may implement in their software and the other manufacturer applications contained.   

Antipodes has made short videos viewable from their website for setup and use on various options.   Moreover, you can easily schedule online appointment for Antipodes to assist you in configuring your unit or resolving issues with you on your Antipodes.   I took advantage of that very early on when I struggled with moving Roon Core from a previous server to my Antipodes, and Mark Cole of Antipodes was excellent and efficient in doing this via AnyDesk application I downloaded on my desktop computer.  Antipodes also has its own forum where you can pose questions and share experiences.  

I do understand the concern of dealing with a new and unfamiliar device--I go through that with each new device I get.   I appreciate the support structure Antipodes has put in place, and it has worked well for me.   This has been much more comfortable process for me than much earlier buys of a home theater processor or wide screen video display.   Best of luck and enjoy your K50. 

Â