Annoying sounds from cars at stop light

What causes the stereo in the car next to you at the stop light so loud and annoying with over the top bass and how can the driver stand it?

128x128soundsrealaudio
Post removed 
The only thing my son has shown a "real" interest in is what "it" does, and resale value. The Conversation is always the same.

He pays a visit when I am listening.

Son - Hey Dad, what is this, and what's it for ?

Dad - Son, that is a XXXX, and it does XXXX. 

Son - so what is it worth dad ?

Dad - Son, it is worth XXXX on the market.
Dad - oh, and don't tell your mother the last part.... keep it between us.  

...something I've always wanted to try.....

'Vanilla' van...('P.of S.' variety...low/no $...)....
Mod the sides....'looks like' sheet metal....'vehicle wrap' over perf. panels....
*Hmmm* ...as many 12~18" woofers that can be 'shoehorned' behind them....(...inside, of course...next to....*mmmmm*....).....
15~30 Kw Class Ds' ought to do it....for a start....
Set up drivers' seat as to be as isolated as poss. .....
(.....BIG earplugs anyway....)
Hero cams both sides, next to the mics.....
INVERT the 'input waveforms'.....
Suddenly....

Would it work? *L*shrug*

Dunno....be 'interesting' to go for a Drive, though....
KeithTX....;)....A late uncle owned one of those....traded his days btwn LA and the Colorado River, AZ/CA border....had a house, a 'garage' that would better be called a small warehouse....near the top of one of the bluffs facing the river

...and the Horn. 

Every 'now and then', when the weekend warriors would get....*thoroughly lubricated*....riverside....'bout, when they could be heard Plainly 1/4mi. away....

(...15 seconds of that would trigger dead silence....some laughing....always seemed nervous.....the closest 'real' track was....15~20 miles away, But....)