Analogue-free system

I have had a TT since 1971, starting with a $99 AR table, then progressed to a couple of Thorens tables and then a SOTA Sapphire in 1984.  It was later upgraded to the vacuum platter.  With a SAEC 407 arm and Dynavector 20x2 HOMC, the sound for years was much better than any digital source I had. 
However, with the acquisition of an upgraded Oppo 103D a few years ago, less and less was I able to discern a superior sound with the TT.  Now, with the introduction of Tidal and Spotify, I find myself listening mostly to streaming music, as well as from jazz stations like KNKX and KCSM.  And of course my large CD collection.

It was the end of an era when the buyer picked up the SOTA rig this week, which has left me with a lot of fond memories of the decades I spent with the very fine analogue set up. I am perplexed that there is still so much interest in TT, but am aware that using a TT provides a more participatory audio experience than simply streaming music or storing all your music on music server.  Cheers, Whitestix
whitestix
I have to say that I own and use a variety of ways to enjoy music playback.
TT
Cassette
CD
Music vault containing ripped CD,s
Tidal streaming.

Do they all have different flavours?
Sure they do.
Will I sit here and say categoricaly that one source is superior to another?
Hell no!
Sometimes I am on a vinyl binge and do not mind getting up every 20 minutes or so, I do find I tend to "listen" to the music more deeply this way.
Other days I am pure lazy and hit go on a Tidal playlist and just drift away and tend to not get as deep into it .
Cassettes and CD are sort of a half way house with longer in between attentions needed.

But atm I love them all!
I think it is stupid to complain about backing up a digital file, or losing a cd or song. When I backup a file it’s there in duplicate for many many years. I can get a song, a cd, or a library back in minutes. You accidentally do something to vinyl, or you have a fire, you are screwed. Each time you play vinyl, it losses some of its playback SQ.
some vinyl sounds better than digital, some hi-res MQA flies sound superior to vinyl, and there are millions of cd/songs that are on digital that were never produced on vinyl. 
Both formats can be excellent sounding.

Uberwalz,
Well said, no doubt.  Here is an extraordinary benefit of a $10/mo subscription of Spotify or double that for Tidal for a better stream.  I pretty much only listen to jazz myself. I get Downbeat and they identified their top recordings of the year recently.  I was able to listen to virtually all the them via Spotify and found that other than the Dianna Krall recording I already had, I would not be compelled to buy any of them, which by the strength of their reviews, I might have otherwise done.  Besides my happiness with the SQ of Spotify, heresy I know, it has saved me a boatload of money buying recordings in which I fancy only one or two cuts.   I still avidly buy CDs of those great recordings I hear in their entirely on Spotify.  
OK, so most of us are sophisticated enough in this hobby to have figured out what pleases us, as individuals, and we have each made a choices or established a preference.  This little waltz around is not going to change anyone.  We can move on.  Raul, will you be moving over to a digital forum any time soon?  I am still wondering what you use for digital playback.
Speaking of convenience, soon enough we won't have to drive, to cook, to think and maybe even to f...
You want this kind of life ?