Analog vs digital?

Hi all! My first posting so please be gentle!
I've just had my old Linn LP12 turntable tuned up. It's been over 25 years since its had any attention. 
Nothing replaced just readjusted and I'm blown away by the result. 
It's so much more involving than the digital part of my system. 
Singxer SU-6, Denafrips Terminator. 
The Linn LP12 and  Ekos arm is over 30 years old.
I'm confused! 
Technology seems to be going backwards. Is it all for convenience? 
128x128nzastro
@nzastro,

"Nothing replaced just readjusted and I'm blown away by the result."

A tune up did all that? Overturned 25 years of your digital v analogue impression?

Good for you. Let's hope it lasts.

As for the so-called improvements in technology, it's a valid point that convenience is a prime mover in its course of direction. 

Who'd want to crank their engines by hand nowadays?  Now, now..
Thanks all for your input. It's much appreciated.

I would love to improve my digital system! 
I thought that my didital system (Singxer SU-6 /Denafrips Terminator) should of outperformed my old analogue TT and it has outperform my TT until the TT was tuned up (adjusted springs/suspension, 
tone arm/cartridge readjustment, cleaned electrical contacts and tightend all the screws. No new parts. 

So my dilemma is how can I improve my digital system? 
I'm suffering on going health issues so it's tough getting up to change records. 
At the moment I'm using a tablet streaming Tidal Masters etc and using i2s between SU-6 and Terminator and balanced XLR cables between termi and prototype valve preamp. 

Also need a reasonably priced dedicated basic streamer/storage unit (no included dac or amp). 

Living in New Zealand we seem to be very limited with availability of reasonably priced gear. 
Guess we pay for being so isolated. 

Problem is having health issues limits my income. 

Any ideas on how to improve my digital system on a budget would be much appreciated. 

Best wishes to you all. Keep safe n well. Thanks for your input.
Cheers! Tony. 

Oh, almost forgot. 
Thank you Patrick for the argument link https://youtu.be/ohDB5gbtaEQ
I really enjoy Monty Python too. 
Cheers! 
There was a nice Steve G. video recently about this. Essentially, he pointed out how hard it is to compare cuts (different masters, A/D processes, etc.). In many cases, he liked vinyl better but in some cases, the streamed or cd was preferable. He's a "both/and" guy. 

While I have no intention to return to vinyl, there's something so intentional about taking care of records, playing them, one at a time, preserving the "concept" behind the arrangement of songs and even the whole album. Above and beyond the sonic qualities, there's a depth of investment by the listener that pays tribute to the experience intended by the artist. Too often, I sit down to stream an album, and wind up just jumping from track to track or artist to artist. In the moment, it feels like freedom, but it can leave me feeling fragmented. Sort of like watching a movie over a week rather than all at once.
nzastro  - I'd LOVE to move to NZ and help you get sorted out! It's getting too crazy here in America. Sadly, I don't have enough money. Woe is me.