Ampeg Reverberocket 212 Reissue or Fender Hot Rod Deluxe?

I am in search for a used tube amp and I am between these 2. I will probably will not have the ability to try them out or compare them by myself so I thought to try here and see if anyone had any experience with these two.

Hot rod will probably be version III though if i could find the IV for a reasonable price I would buy it instantly.

Price for each is around 400 to 500 euros.

Just curious to see to which one you would give the edge and why.

Thanks.

daryldixon

Showing 2 responses by wolf_garcia

A 2X12 amp is unnecessarily bulky these days, so get a 1X12 version and there ya go. My 2 fave guitar amps are a (discontinued) 15 watt 6V6 based Reverend Goblin 1X10 combo with a 1X10 extension cab (if needed) with the same speaker (Jensen "neo" 100 watt 10), and a hand made point to point wired Burris Royal Bluesman 18 watt single ended tube rectified EL84 based amp head on a Mesa 1X12 (Celestian made for Mesa Boogie) cab. Both are portable and absolutely tear it up if need be.
I was playing in a club a couple of years ago with my Reverend Goblin 15 watt 1X10...a really small amp, but loud enough to absolutely tear up a small room, and since it's an open backed design it spreads sound everywhere. I recently mixed a show for the brilliant John Pizzarelli and he used my amp (miked) and it sat on the floor behind and to his right just sounding amazing. He loved the thing.