Advice on speakers for Rowland Corus/625

Now building a second system for use in Europe: smaller rooms (20"x20") and solid walls. Primarily opera and classical.
Have selected Rowland Corus/625 amplification with Weiss DAC 202 front-end.
Looking for advice on speakers given room size and (relative) lack of current of 625.
Concerned Wilson Sasha will not be driven well by Rowland. Sophia 3? Vienna Klimt Music, SF Amati Futura. I will be trying for auditions but fragmented distribution is not so easy there.
Constructive suggestions from the more experienced are welcomed!
pncd

Showing 5 responses by guido.d.corona

Muzik is a 4 Ohms design with 91 dB efficiency. I have driven Die Muzik with Rowland 625 for several months with excellent results. There is no obvious lack of authority in Muzik driven by M625, even though M625 yields a theoretically moderate 300W and 20A peak current.

Guido

Disclaimer -- Reviewer
PNCD, I use M625 on Vienna Die Muzik, which appear to have very similar ratings as Sasha: 91dB, 4 Ohms. The combination does not suffer from obvious lack of power. On the other hand, applying to the Sashas something with even greater torque may yield even greater authority. Guido
If anyone is interested, PFO has just posted the first part of my review of Vienna Die Muzik at:

http://positive-feedback.com/Issue59/vienna.htm

This first article is mostly a technical discussion of the speaker. When the 2nd part is ready, it will discuss my findings on Die Muzik driven by a few amps, including JRDG M625.

Best, G.
Yes, I had read that original thread as well. I suspect that for M625, a Revel speaker a little smaller than Salon 2 might be better, just as the Vienna Kiss may be ideal, while in my experience, Vienna Die Music causes the M625 to "work for living".
I'll drink to that VicDamone! I had a similar experience in 1998.... I had been looking for 3 years for a replacement for my Aragon 4004 amp..... Listened to a lot of gear at Toronto dealers, tubed and SS alike.... Nothing was working for me. One fine day, during a particularly unsatisfactory session at American Sound, I literally stumbled on 2 huge golden behemoths sitting on the floor. Asked Angie Lisi what on Earth those things were, and Angie told me they were a pair of Rowland 7Ms. I asked her to connect them, and I was head-over-heal in love! For the first time in those three questing years, I sank into the listening armchair, enveloped in what I felt emotionally was true music. Those Rowland 7Ms followed me down to Austin (TX), and faithfully remained with me for 10 years.