advice need on peachtree decco 2 vs hybrid jolida

wondering which amp would be better to buy jolida 1701rc or a peachtree decco 2. i know the decco 2 is more versital as far as what different functions do. so which one of these amps would sound better using klipsch rb-81 II speakers using a cambridge 740c cd player and a 650a amp with good interconnects and speaker wire. this will be my first move to using any tubes period. just trying to get a opinion for just doing 2-channel rebooking cd playback.
128x128larrybigbird26

Showing 1 response by paul2240

I have a decco 2 and am very familiar with jolida (have a few of their products). First, the decco 2 is not going to give you a tube sound....the tube is only a buffer and has minimal effect. I have a modified decco, and even with the mods, its amp is only OK. What you are getting is a really good (for the price) DAC. It also has a decent headphone section. The jolida 1701 is not something I am crazy about. None of the jolida hybrids are impressive. Jolida really makes some very good sounding tube amps and this is something that sets them apart on the cost/benefit ratio. Bottom line, if you like the decco (or even the jolida) go for it. The decco is a solid unit, has good value and its DAC is excellent. I also just think you will be better served by a full tube amp, even if it's a bit more than you want to spend.