ACME 15a Cryo or FIM 880 for front end????

I am making a 2 outlet single gang power extension box using Belden 83802 cable w/12awg external groud wire, marinco hospital grade connector, and a FSE single gang box for the duplex receptangle/plate. This will replace the junkie no-name power strip I currently plug my nice cables into.

I am looking to get either a ACME Cryo 15A recept. or the FIM 880 unit. I hear the FIM 880 is much darker. I am usign tubes in my CD player. Would the ACME be a better choice?

I will be using this with my Heart CD-6000 (modified) tube unit and a Forte F-44. Both of these units use Belden 83802 cable w/Marinco Hospt. connectors from ChrisVH Flavor 1&2 recipes.

Please comment on the use of these receptacles. I need to make a decision very soon as I'm ordering this week! I need the best sounding outlet out of the two!!!
asi_tek

Showing 1 response by garfish

I've used the Acmes, but they were non-cryo versions, and in my electrical system (which seems inherently bright), I considered them too bright and a bit fatiguing for my taste. But I really like the high purity copper FIM 880, and in my system it was only somewhat dark while breaking in, but once broken in it becomes more dynamic with a "good" brightness that adds sparkle to music-- and the FIM becomes very very smooth on breakin. My outlet of choice though is the Hubbell Audiograde from The Cable Company @ 2/$25.

I don't mean to bash the Acmes though, and use them on the subs of my Vand. 5 sperakers. Also, the Acmes might be excellent in a somewhat dark sounding system. Good Luck. Craig