Accuracy vs. Enjoyment

Would you rather have a system that accurately portrays the grooves (or pits) in the record or CD,
or one which sounds good on the majority of discs?
Acknowledging that not all media are created equal, the best system will sound best on the best, most accurate discs.  But what if the great majority of average sounding discs don’t measure up, and indeed are annoying compared to the best?
What then?

128x128rvpiano
+1 @bdp24   @almarg  

Active speakers are the way to go. Proper size mid range driver is crucial. Phase compensated for perfect coherence between drivers. 
@shadorne, though shunned by audiophiles, active speakers are a very good idea. The amplifier(s) can be optimized for a known speaker load, not compromised to make it more universal. Roger Modjeski of Music Reference is now offering his own designed and built direct-drive ESL loudspeaker. The dedicated tube amplifier has no output transformer, the ESL no input transformer. And no speaker cables required! 
I think I’m raising this question because of my current setup on which good CDs are sounding wonderful, but others not so much.  I had to send  my  vintage CJ preamp out for repair three weeks ago and have replaced it temporarily with a solid state unit.  This problem was not really so evident when the CJ was in the system and performing optimally.  I guess I’ll have to patiently wait til I get it back to get consistency.

The more accurate my system gets, the more I enjoy it. 👍
To me, to be more accurate is to be more realistic.

All the best,
Nonoise
Yeah, this includes as little distortion as possible. It's amazing, provided you have a decent equipment, how much you can achieve with good cables.