A tade more briteness - Jolida 302b. Tubes?

I have a Jolida 302b, a Jolida CD player and Tyler Ref. Monitors wired with Signal Cable. I am looking from a bit more treble, briteness, highs whatever you want to call it. A little more sparkle. Will tube rolling help with this? Suggestions please.
gretsch6120

Showing 2 responses by restock

Gretsch6120, I think I posted this in your other thread, but this should do:

Powertubes: SED (Svetlana) EL43 or JJ E34L
I liked the SED a bit more than the JJ, smoother highs, a little softer bass, deeper soundstage. However, I had a couple of SED failing after very short time, with the JJ being very stable.

Preamp and driver tubes (my favorite combination)
12AX7 1970s Tesla E83CC Frame Grid gold pin
12AT7 1980s Mullard CV4024
Altnernatively the EH 12AX7 gold pin worked quite well also. Not as nice as the Tesla, but still good.

Preamp and driver tubes (alternative combination)
12AX7 1980s Jan GE 5751
12AT7 19??s BRIMAR 6060 T-Series Black Plates

The preamp tubes will have probably the greatest effect on the sound. The Tesla E83CC NOS or alternatively the EH 12AX7 Gold pin should do the trick for extended highs. Also, you could combine the Tesla with the Brimar 6060 and get a really detailed, lively and a little forward sounding combination. (A little too much in my system)

Good luck tube rolling,
Rene
Goatwuss, the Jolida can't be used as a preamp, since it needs a constant load on the outputs. From my own experience I can say that the Jolida is limited by its stock chines tubes. Changing the input ones to other, current production or NOS tubes makes a big difference.

Rene