a record cleaning device and proper method

Hi,
right now all I have to clean my record collection that is coming out of long storage is the super record wash from Record Research labs a nice brush I bought from the distributor and I dry them with a clean cloth . This is not really right and I tried it this way to see if I could get a way with not having to buy a machine . I have a lot of really nice classical albums and I wont to clean them properly so a machine is ,I guess absolutely necessary ? If so which one, used ,should I buy ? and do I need an additional type of fluid to go along with the supper wash ? I know I need to vacum the fluid off .
I'm sorry if this question has come up many times before .

Thank you all !
Alex
alexthe

Showing 2 responses by pawlowski6132

Alex, to answer your question directly; no, you don't need a RCM. A RCM does a good job and saves lots of time. On the other hand, is expensive. I clean mine by hand and in a direct comparision, I think my records are cleaner. I use a combination of Audio Intelligence (enzyme) and RRL cleaners with MoFi brushes. I think the "scrubbing" I can apply is more vigorous than what can be accompolished on a RCM. Also, I use a simple setup for vacuuming: A wet/dry vac with a 4 in. nozzle which I cover with a cotton cloth. Of course, it's more of a chore and takes longer than a RCM machine could do.

But, like I've said before, if you want your car REALLY clean, do you just drive through somewhere of do you do it yourself by hand in your driveway??