A question of spikes...

I am building a new system, having been out of the "game" for some time. I have a pair of Stratus Goldi's (floorstanders). Not the end all speaker by any means, but I still want them to sound their best with my other equipment.

When using spikes under speakers on a carpeted floor, is it sufficent to adjust them to a height that simply gets tghe speaker's "hinnies" off the floor beneath the carpet, or is necessary to raise them so that there is a gap between the speakers and the top of the carpet pile? Also, does anyone have better experience using something like racing cones instead of spikes? What about otherwise unused amp stands? I am thinking that by using those it would disrupt the intended projection level of the speaker components. Yes, no, maybe? Thanks
4yanx

Showing 1 response by cjr888

I'll also agree with giving Audio Points a call.

I just spoke with them yesterday for the first time as I was just searching for protective discs for spikes for new monitors I am purchasing.

I ended up speaking to them for probably at least an hour, learned a heck of a lot, probably ended up saving a lot of money playing around in the long run, and got a great run down on everything regarding energy flow/control, vibration, dampening, what they look for and like in the way of stands and speakers, and everything in between.

Good folks to talk to for anything point related, but frankly, anything stand/speaker related as well.