A pass Labs X250 amp worth a divorce?

I have the audiophile disease. I just can not be satisfied. By upgrading from my Bryston 4B ST to a Pass labs X250 really worth the bother? My equipment is as follows Audio Research Reference 1 Pre-amp, Proac Response 3.8 Speakers Classe CDP.3 Player. My wife just does not get the thrill of this hobby. I need to find the true answer, What will the difference be besides in my wallet?
128x128kevyo

Showing 1 response by kevyo

Thanks for the responses. With tongue in cheek, no I am not deciding on a divorce for an amplifier. I did get a used Audio research VT 100 mk II. Some of the comments suggested this move while others did not give Pass Labs the greatest review. The VT 100 is doing a fine job and it sounds very smooth. A very good bass response. This is my first time with a tube amplifier and so far I feel this was the right move. The power drop from 250 watts with my Bryston 4B-ST to 100 watts with the VT 100 has not been a problem driving my Proacs. Thanks for the responses.

Kevin

P.S My wife is not thrilled with the expense of all the stuff that I have purchased but she still loves me.