A DAC that crushes price vs. performance ratio

I felt strongly that I wanted to inform the Gon members about a new DAC that ranks with the very best on the market regarding performance, but costs around $2,000.00.  The Lab12 DAC1 SE was compared to three reference level DACS that retail for over $12.000.00 in my review for hometheaterreview.com and was at least on the same level sonicly, if not better.  This DAC from Greece is not just "good for the money" but competes with virtually anything on the market regardless of price!

For all the details about the Lab12 DAC1 SE performance and what other DACS it was compared to take a look at the review.  If you are shopping/looking for a new digital front end to drive your system, you owe it to yourself to check this DAC out, unless you like to spend tons of more $ without getting better performance.
teajay
All non-oversampling designs suffer from sinus(x)/s loss resulting in more than 3dB reduction at 20kHz.
@andios

I’m pretty certain that you meant "sin(x)/x," short for "sine(x)/x." Which of course has nothing to do with sinuses :-)

I’m also pretty certain that research of published measurements of various non-oversampling DACs will show insignificant rolloff at 20 kHz.

Regards,
-- Al
Just purchased this dac and expect to have it in my system in a couple of weeks.  Will report back once I’ve had a chance to listen a bit.
I had received last week an Email from a GON member regarding his experience with the LAB 12 DAC.  

His experience of it was, " I've tried 4 DACS in the past 2 months and the LAB 12 is definitely my favorite." I asked him if he would be willing to share more information about what DACs he had auditioned compared to the LAB 12 and share on this thread.  He said he would when he gets back from traveling this week.  Hope, he does, I'm glad he likes the Lab 12, but am very interested what other types of DACs he compared it to.
@nonoise  Yes, I too believe Lewis will win the driver’s championship again in Austin.
However, my true colors are red so it pains me to say that. Lol.