9000es burn in questions?

Got a new 9000es in the mail today[no free movie and sample sacd disc ]anyway was wondering what the quickest way to burn this player in? Play cd in digital or analog mode? Does digital and analog both have to burn in 200 or more hours? Out of the box my b+k receivers dacs blow this player out of the water.Will playing pink noise in cd repeat mode hurry burn in? Thanks for any help in advance
ears

Showing 1 response by 1953

Timely thread Ears as I'm burning my 9000ES in as I type this. Loved it right out of the box, hated it at the 25 hour mark, liked it again at 100 hours. Yada, yada,yada. The easy way is to go to Radio Shack and get a strip of 2-4 female RCA phono connectors and a package of 1/2 watt 10K ohm resistors. Solder a resistor across the hot and ground sides on the back of each connector. You now have a burn in board. Just plug in a couple of interconnects from the back of the 9000ES, put it on repeat and lock it in a closet for a couple of weeks. This will also burn in you cables as well. Cheap, easy and effective.