$800 to spend on speakers, $1500 on whole system

I am new to community and am seeking advice on my first good sound system. I am looking to spend $500-800 on a used set of two speakers for my living room, which is not very large. I cannot decide between bookshelf speakers or a floor speaker. I will be listening mostly to digital music, and I could use recommendations on a DAC and receiver. I would like the receiver to be bluetooth if high quality receivers come with this feature, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

My Ideal system would have two speakers at $500-800 and with receiver, DAC, cables, and anything else I would need totaling around $1200, but $1500 maximum. I figured I would start with speakers and go from there.

I like to listen to most music, except rap. Heavy metal, funk, jazz. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks

pawadalla

Showing 1 response by kennythekey

You need to consider your listening space as a big part of your decision. So, size, shape, layout, and construction, if you are planning to stay put for some time. For example, reach out to the community, dealers, and even manufacturers, about recommending a speaker in your budget based on your room. Different speakers do not all work in the same space. And, supporting equipment must best match the speakers.

Don't rush in, and research instead. And, because you don't have a lot to spend right now, consider the types of music that you enjoy the most. If you have the chance to listen to any of the gear you're considering, bring that music along. There may also be an Audio Show that you can go to and listen.

Kenny