$500 USB cable

Someone is trying to sell some fancy (used and 2 ft long) USB cable for $497.50. I am genuinely curious since I am no expert. What does this ultra expensive USB cable do to your audio system (besides transferring digital data)?
jkbtn

Showing 3 responses by mgreen27

"I am guessing you could find a cable as good as the one you mention for less. I mean what are the odds a short usb cable could actually be worth that amount?

just guessing here but my instinct is: avoid"

There's really no reason to avoid a cable like that. You try it first, and then make a decision.

audioman58 makes a very nice comparison, but I would add a little to it. With cables, results vary. If you were to evaluate the AQ and WW cables in your system, you may agree with audioman58's assessment, hear something different, or maybe here no difference at all. All 3 scenario's are completely valid. That's why its so important to try them first.  

"mgreen27 we all know what it does as I mentioned in my first post "transferring digital data" then again in my second post. That was not an answer to my own question."

In your first post you asked a question. In your 2nd post, it looks like you had your mind made up all along. I would go over it with you, but I can't because you had my post removed.