$500-600 Used Tuner

Like to get the current feelings of some of you here who know their tuners. I have a late-70's tuner that actually functions fairly well, but I find myself listening to FM jazz stations more and more and would like to take a step up without breaking the proverbial bank. Suggestions on the best value for a tuner around $500-600 USED.
4yanx

Showing 2 responses by tunerinfobb72

Hey Onhwy61 - for the record, Don Scott is a good guy and he's always been helpful when we've asked him something, but TunerInfo isn't "his site." Check the "Our Staff" page to see who's responsible for the site. Most reviews state who wrote them, and you'll see Don's name mentioned in a reviews whenever he had something to add.
Sherod - I have to confess, our Sony section on TIC is much less complete than that of most other manufacturers. It just happens that we haven't had a chance to play with many Sony tuners from the '80s, but a few of them look like they might be pretty good. We've just picked up a couple of different models that will probably be reviewed on the site within the next few months. -Eric