4 ohm Load for Denon AVR-3600 Receiver?

I've done a few searches, but evidently haven't been using the correct search criteria.

My question relates to not really understanding the Denon AVR-3600 manual in regards to ohm load it can handle .... or what can realistically be done. The 3600 is of late 90's vintage, but is a 47 pound machine with 110 wpc into 2 channel and 90 wpc into 5.1 surround. It's a pretty beefy receiver.

Can I run 4 ohm speakers with this receiver? If the mains are 4 ohm, is it more difficult if I then add a 4 ohm center channel? Or does it make a difference? The speakers would probably be of 91 or so sensitivity, so not bad. As well, a sub would be run for HT and stereo, if that would make any difference.

Thanks for the help.
Scott
scot_m

Showing 1 response by levy03

i still have a older dennon 3801 that i use in my shop. had trouble pushing aerial 7b's with it a couple years back. sent my krell s300i in for service so i dragged the 3801 in from my shop to use in the mean time. it was fine until things got loud....then it would shut down. the 7b's were rated at 6 ohms i believe, but understand they can dip down close to 3 ohms. i find them to be VERY power hungry. like other posters have stated...no harm was done. it's still doing a fine job in the shop. if you're not planning on pushing it hard, it should be fine.

give it a shot and see what you think.