3500 US speaker help please

I was interested in buying the Paradigm Studio 100's. I listened to them and they were not quick enough to handle the busy acoustic music I like. I did listen to the B&W 804's. They did a much better job. Are there any other full range speakers in the $3500 range that I should be looking at? I have a 210 watt, 2 channel Parasound amp. I also have an old Paradigm powered sub that could be worked into the mix. My listening room is large and has a high ceiling loft. Thanks for your input.
olga
Maybe check out some electrostatics. Innersound, MLogan, Soundlab might have a pair that cheap, i dunno. Good luck
used proac 2.5's - ~$2500, used proac 3.8's - ~$4k, new newform research r645's - $2265 delivered, 30-day in-home trial, ewe pay to ship 'em back if ya don't like 'em...

re: sub - get another one to match if ya wanna have the best soundstaging for 2-channel audio - ya need two subs, imo...

I have high ceilins too and I find that taller speakers do better like the Martin Logan SL 3 or Quests. Also the Dunlavy III or IV's would be great solutions if you can find them used in your price range.These are all fast units.
I have high ceilings too and I find that taller speakers do better like the Martin Logan SL 3 or Quests. Also the Dunlavy III or IV's would be great solutions if you can find them used in your price range.These are all fast units.
For $3500, you will have a hard time finding a better, full-range speaker than the Vandersteen 3A Signature. I listen to a lot of acoustic music (jazz, blues, and classical), and I think the 3A Sig's do an outstanding job, particularly in a larger room where they produce a fine soundstage. You can sometimes find Vandy 3A Signatures on the used market for $2600-2800. I recommend them highly.
sdcampbell's post is one reason why ya gotta listen for yerself, imho - i've heard vandy's before, in shows & at stores, & they never did *anything* for me - seemed slow, veiled, w/no imaging to speak of. yet, they have a wery avid following. so, take these comments as a starting point, & go listen... i admit i'm considering the newforms, which i can't audition, but w/a 30-day in-home trial period, isle only be out return shipping if they aren't *it*. i may yust risk it.